Electric Pictures produces quality documentaries across a range of genres for Australian and international television broadcasters.
We are seeking researchers to join our development team for the purpose of undertaking archive, character and story research – initially on a short-term contract, with longer term potential, dependent upon ability and demand. These positions may be full-time or part-time (to be negotiated) and preferably based at the Electric Pictures office in Fremantle – although consideration will be given to experienced individuals working from home and/or out-of-state.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven ability and experience (or at least an active interest) in archive research
• The ability to respond accurately and clearly to a brief, and work in accordance with tight deadlines
• Confident and articulate verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interviewing skills
• Strong research, analysis and organisational skills (experience in a similar role an advantage)
• An interest in history and science
• A demonstrable ability to generate ideas suitable for factual television, and to write them up in a timely and capable manner
• The ability to take direction from senior members of the Development team, and Executive Producer(s)
• Internet savvy and competent with both MS Word and Excel
Please send your application and CV to Development Producer, Greg Colgan, at email@example.com by close of business on Friday 7th April 2017.