Electric Pictures is seeking a highly motivated Series Director.
LOCATION: Perth, Western Australia
DURATION: approximately 12 months
START: January 4th 2021
The candidate will have extensive professional experience in character driven factual television series. They will report to the Series Producer, and is required to conceive, enhance, refine and deliver entertaining, and dramatic storylines through pre-production, principal photography and post-production. The ideal candidate for this role must have extensive knowledge of – and the ability to craft – formatted content, along with significant scriptwriting, organisational and communication skills. This position is primarily office based, with an emphasis on pre-production.
It is also essential that applicants have substantial experience in making factual programming for cable/pay TV/commercial broadcasters.
ESSENTIAL Selection Criteria:
- Proven creative success in producing formatted content from pre-production through to final delivery;
- High-level of editorial skills and judgment;
- Proven track record in the role of key editorial contact for talent, demonstrating an ability to develop on screen talent and plan storylines;
- Proven creative success in researching, writing episodes/pre shoot scripts for Shooter/Directors and devising a series narrative arc for talent;
- Proven experience in casting talent, casting shoots, and contributing to editorial materials for deliverables/development;
- Excellent communication skills, providing key editorial direction to field crew in regards to story execution, style, cast management and cast performance;
- Able to check on crew and build cast relationships and morale, ensuring a harmonious, safe and respectful environment;
- Able to work collaboratively with the key editorial and creative team;
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure and communicate daily with the Line Producer on logistics, planning, resource management and meeting deadlines;
- Monitoring rushes for technical proficiency, narrative and character development and feeding back to the SP as required;
- Proven creative success working in a post producer/edit director capacity;
- Skilled at condensing and crafting large amounts of footage in a small amount of time into entertaining and dramatic television;
- Previous experience liaising directly with broadcasters is desired;
- Willingness to relocate to Perth (if currently residing elsewhere) for the duration of the production.
NB: Eligible applicants MUST be able to fully address the selection criteria in their application.
If this sounds like you, please send a CV and covering letter including references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 27th November 2020